The Ultra Skyrunning Madeira – USM 2020 is an co-organization of Madeira SkyEvents with Clube Desportivo Escola Santana (CDES) in partnership with the Federation of Camping and Mountaineering of Portugal (FCMP). This regulation shall apply to the 6 race competitions included in the event: the Madeira Sky Race – MSR, the Madeira Sky Race Relay, the SVK – Santana Vertical Kilometer®, the SSR – Santana Sky Race, the FSR – Furão Sky Race and the KIDS – Kids Santana Sky Race.
SKYRUNNING – Discipline of mountain running, where the slope exceeds 30%, and the climbing difficulty does not exceed grade II. Running poles and hands may be used to help progress.
VERTICAL KILOMETER® – It is a Skyrunning discipline which consists of the ascent of 1000 meters with a significant slope and that does not exceed 5 km of linear extension. The Vertical Kilometer is divided into three altitude levels (ranging from ± 200 meters), from 0-1000 m, 1000-2000 and 2000 to 3000 meters, with a tolerance of 5%.
Ultra SkyMarathon® Madeira – USM 2020 is an event that includes five competitive mountain races, to accomplish in semi-autonomy. The MSR 55 km 4123m D+ which is part of the Skyrunner® World Series calendar, and the SSR 23 km 1672m D+ runs mainly in mountain terrain, with start and finish line next to Santana Town Hall (Câmara Municipal).
Relay MSR – The Ultra Skyrunning Madeira proposes the realization of the MSR route in a relay race.
The Santana’s Vertical KM integrates the Vertical Kilometer World Circuit calendar in the discipline of Vertical Km. The competition is held predominantly in a rising course, with 1.003 meters height difference and an approximate distance of 4800 meters between the start and the arrival line. It will start at Eira do Trigo, Vale da Lapa – Ribeira Funda, at about 780m altitude and finishes at Encumeada Alta at 1.787m altitude.
The FSR 10 km 617m D+, will start and finish next to the Town Hall in Santana.
The SVK, SSR races also integrate the Trophy of the Youth of FCMP / Skyrunning Portugal, aimed for young people between 14 and 23 years.
The KIDS race is for children between 6 and 13 years, divided in four different courses / distances: 6 to 7 years – 600 Mts; 8 to 9 years – 1100 Mts; 10 to 11 years – 1300 Mts; 12 to 13 years – 18000 Mts.
The SVK (vertical Km) will take place on May 29, 2020 at 09:00 AM while the MSR, SSR, FSR and KIDS will take place on May 30, 2020, starting at 06:00 AM, 10 AM, 11:30 AM and 05:00 PM respectively.
All participants must know and accept the conditions of this regulation. Any athlete shows his/her accordance to these rules when submiting the inscription form. Any incidents during the race will be solved by a race Jury of the Ultra Skyrunning Madeira -USM 2019. This Jury will be composed by its President, Race Director and race-referees. In the case of ISF competitions, this Jury will be also composed by an international ISF referee.
- The races are open to all those interested, according to what is established in this regulation.
- To register in the MSR 55 km 4123m D+, it is mandatory to have completed at least one mountain half marathon (at least 21 km) in the last 12 months (by indicating a web link for race result) or showing to the organization a relevant sports resume in long distance races, prior to the registration process. Furthermore, each participant should perform a medical examination prior to the event, certifying the participant is capable to compete in race with these particular features.
- The MSR relay race consists of three segments with teams of 3 elements. Teams can be all female, all male or mixed elements (male and female). The only mandatory condition is that all participants must be 18 years old on the race day. All conditions and rules for participation in MSR apply to Relay MSR.
- Correctly register for the race by filling the registration form properly, as well as complete the payment within 3 days after registration.
- Deliver the Term of Responsibility (Form A) duly filled and signed at the secretariat, in the days preceding the event, in date and location to be announced by the organization. All documents can be downloaded on the official web page of the race.
- The participants must respect the surroundings in which they are participating and keep the environment clean. All packages of consumed products or other residues done by the athletes must be placed in proper containers. Non-observance of this rule implies the immediate disqualification of the athlete. This can be done by a simple testimony of any member of the race organization.
- Since there will be no interruption of road traffic, participants must comply with the rules of use of public roads, and also respect the cultivated areas and private property in general. Participants will be responsible for any damages caused to third parties and any compensation resulting thereof.
- At the crossing points where the organization finds relevant/appropriate, and for security reasons, members of the organization will be present. There will also be present medical services/first aid available at some checkpoints/refreshment stations indicated on the passage table.
- Before the race, all participants must have developed a real capacity for self-sufficiency, which ensure the management of problems resulting from this type of race, in particular, adverse weather conditions: wind, cold, fog, rain or snow.
- The minimum age to participate in the MSR race is 18 years old at race day. For the SVK and SSR races it is authorized the participation of athletes with 16 years and for FSR athletes with 14 years of age until the end of 2020, as long as they comply with the requirements listed below. To participate in the KIDS race children must be between 6 and 13 years old.
- In order to register athletes under the age of 18 in the SVK, SSR and FSR races, the following requirements must be fulfilled, cumulatively: to present a valid medical certificate and the parental authorization mentioned below. For registration in the KIDS race all athletes will have to present their respective parental authorization.
- Participants must be aware of the distance and the particularities of the race and be sufficiently trained for it.
- Participants will have to be able to face physical and mental problems resulting from extreme fatigue, digestive problems, joint and muscular pain, among others; having the awareness that it is not the organization’s responsibility to help a participant overcome these problems and that this depends mainly on their ability to adapt to situations arising from this type of race.
- It is totally forbidden to receive help or any type of items outside the route of the race, with the exception of the points defined by the organization (100 meters before and after the control point). Likewise, it is prohibited to run accompanied by persons that are not registered as athletes in the race.
- The race bibs will be delivered on a date and location to be announced by the organization. The check-in and collection of the kit with the material provided by the organization should preferably be done by the athlete himself. Athletes should submit their Responsibility Statement (Form A) and identification documents.
- Minors under 18 years-old must submit all the documents mentioned above, as well as Parental Consent (Form B), duly completed and signed, presenting also the identification document (or copy) of the parent. These documents (Responsibility Statement and parental consent) can be downloaded at the race website.
- Minors under 18 years-old must submit all the documents mentioned above, as well a valid medical certificate.
- Race bibs must be used in the front at all times of the race, in a visible place, and cannot be cut, folded or modified. Non-compliance with this rule lead to immediate disqualification of the athlete.
- Along the racecourse, athletes have to follow the instructions of the members of the organization. Non-compliance with this rule will result in immediate disqualification of the athlete.
- During the race, any athlete who abandon the race is obliged to inform the organization.
- Athletes must carry all the mandatory material defined by the organization.
- Registration is personal and presumes the acceptance of all the rules established by the organization, in this regulation and in other additional instructions.
- The registration must be done exclusively through the event website, by filling in the registration form and paying the respective registration value, being the participant responsible for the accuracy of its data.
- The organization does not accept any responsibility, for any refusal of liability, by the insurance company, as a result of incorrect data entry in the registration form by the participant.
- In order to accept the registration for the MSR, the athlete must provide a certificate of completion of a half mountain marathon, or the link to the results of the race or the sport resume duly proved.
- Registrations will only be accepted after payment of the respective fee, which must happen within a maximum of 3 days. After this period and in the absence of the aforementioned payment, your registration will be permanently eliminated.
- It is mandatory to answer the Medical Questionnaire, which must be completed until May 3, 2020. The medical information will accessible only to the organisation’s medical team and will be destroyed within one week of the event.
- Payment must be made at the time of registration using credit or debit card (VISA, MasterCard, American Express), Paypal or or ATM reference (only available to residents athletes in Portugal).
- After payment confirmation, the name shall appear on the participants list, within 48 hours.
- The registration period will take place until May 27th, 2020.
- The organizer reserves the right to exclude from the race, even before its start, any participant who, through his behavior, conditions the management and / or the proper functioning of the event. If this happens, the athlete will not be reimbursed the expenses incurred with the registration.
- According to the VAT Code, the issue of the receipt with the taxpayer identification number must be requested at the time of registration / payment, and it cannot be issued afterwards.
- The reimbursement of the registration fee is only possible for athletes who subscribe to the “Registration Insurance” (guarantee of reimbursement as long as fulfill the conditions and deadlines – Article 8), by paying an extra fee of 10€ for MSR, 5€ for SVK and SSR, and 2.5€ for FSR.
- Registration fees and deadlines are as follows:
|From 28 of October 2019 to 31 January 2020||65€||150€||25€||25€||12€||Free|
|From 1 of February to 3 of May 2020||70€||165€||30€||30€||14€|
|*4 to 27 of May 2020||150€||315€||55€||55€||27€|
– Filling in the application form does not guarantee acceptance of it.
The registration fee includes:
- Personal accident insurance;
- GPS tracker for all participants in MSR;
- Supply of liquids and solids, while in competition, at the designated refreshment stations;
- A hot meal on arrival for the MSR, MSR-Relay, SSR and FSR races;
- First aid at designated stations;
- Drop Bag for clothes changing and / or other assets for the SVK and MSR races;
- Transport to the departure point of the participants in the FSR, upon prior registration;
- Transport from the nearest point accessible by car to arrival, in case of abandonment or being prevented by the organization to continue the race;
- A relaxation massage after the race (exclusively for SVK and MSR);
- A Finisher medal.
- For logistical reasons the organization limits to 1700 the total number of participants in all races, distributed as follows:
MSR – 400; MSR Relay – 15 (teams); SVK – 200; SSR – 500; FSR – 600; KIDS – 200
- Considering the above, the registration period is limited by the number of athletes who sign up until the maximum of vacancies for each event. Once that number of athletes exceeds the limit of vacancies, a waiting list will be created to fill up potential vacancies due to withdrawals that might occur until the last date of registrations
- In the case of existent logistical conditions to exceed the number of fixeds entries, the organization reserves the right to accept additional entries.
- The organization will not accepted any requests by telephone, all the requests must be made by email to email@example.com
- After the 4th of May 2020, changes of race are not allowed.
- The change of race is allowed previous the referred date, whenever there is availability. This alteration change has an administrative fee of € 5,00.
- If the alteration is for a race with superior registration fee, the change will be subject to the payment of the difference according to the values at the date of the change, added of the alteration fee. If the change is to a race with a lower registration fee, there will be no refund of the difference, but the runner must still pay the administrative fee of € 5,00.
- After 3th of May, the registration transfer is not allowed.
- The registration transfer is allowed. To do so, the participant currently registered must request by email to the organization, the transfer of their registration to the person to be registered (indicating full name, email).
- The person to whom registration has been given will be contacted by the organization to register in accordance with the instructions to be provided.
- The transfer of registration does not give a right to any refund to the person who gives the registration.
- The transfer of registration has an administrative cost of € 10.00 for MSR, 5€ for SVK and SSR and 2.5€ for FSR, to be paid by the person who is transferring the registration.
- The cancellation of the registration and the request of reimbursement is only possible once one has paid the “registration insurance” in the act of registration.
- The reimbursement must be requested by e-mail, using the same e-mail address used in the registration form.
- The amounts to be refunded to the participants who meet the above conditions will vary according to the reason, which motivates the request and the date on which it is requested.
- The conditions to refund the registration fees paid will be the following:
|Accident, illness or pregnancy diagnosed after race registration (proven by medical certificate or accident note).|
|until May 3, 2019||100% of the fee will be refunded|
|After May 3, 2019||No right to refund|
|Other situation than the previous|
|until May 3, 2019||80% of the fee will be refunded|
|After May 63 2019||No right to refund|
- In case of cancellation of the race for reasons beyond the control of the organization, such as weather alerts, disaster or widespread conflicts that prevent the race to be held or any other reasons the organization considers valid, 50% of the registration fee will be refunded, if claimed until 90 days after the date of the event, except amounts paid for extras.
- The mandatory equipment is part of the safety requirements in order to participate in the event, and the participants must have the equipment in their possession during all race. The organization may request verification of the material prior to departure, during the course, at one of the refreshment stations or upon arrival. Participants should voluntarily cooperate with the organization in the verification process, under penalty of the participant be disqualified.
|Race bib (supplied by the organization) to be placed on the chest or abdomen of the athlete and visible during the entire race||X||X||X||X|
|Backpack or similar for the transport of equipment||X||–||X||X|
|Water reservoir or equivalent with a minimum capacity of 1 liter (for MSR) or 0,5l (for SSR)||X||–||X||X|
|Thermal blanket (min. 140 x 200 cm)||X||–||X||X|
|Waterproof jacket with hood and long sleeve that fits the athlete;
SSR and FSR races windbreaker is accepted
|Operational mobile phone to receive and make calls||X||–||X||X|
|Cup of 12cl minimum (the organization will not supply cups at refreshment stations)||X||–||X||X|
|Appropriate shoes for mountain races||X||X||X||X|
|1 flashlight / headlight, with extra batteries||X||–||–||–|
|Long trousers, that at least cover the knee|
|Change of clothes|
*Poles may be left in the checkpoints with personal assistance and be picked up again at any post with personal assistance. It is not allowed to receive the poles anywhere else in the race. For technical and safety reasons, poles must be collected / stored between the Achada do Teixeira and Pico Ruivo checkpoints.
- The checkpoints are mandatory passage points and are located in places defined by the organization. In each of these controls, a responsible person of the organization will be present. A table containing the list of checkpoints and with other multiple information will be given to the participants.
- Not controlling in one or more checkpoints will lead to the disqualification of the participant.
- During the race there may be “surprise controls” to ensure full compliance of the route.
- Only participants with visible race bibs will have access to checkpoints and food.
- The participants will use an electronic control system, supplied by the organization.
- Refreshment stations consist of food and drink to be consumed on the spot. The deposits and other containers of each participant can only be filled with water and isotonic indicated for the purpose in each refreshment station. Each participant should verify, when leaving each refreshment station that he/she has the sufficient amount of drink and food needed to reach the next refreshment station.
- There will be two types of refreshment stations: liquids and solids, and only liquids, which will vary according to the location along the race course.
- Participants may only get personal assistance at the indicated stations by a person with a credential, in places designated for the purpose and indicated by the organization.
- For the MSR Relay race there will be specific areas duly marked for the passage of testimony.
- The MSR drop bag will be delivered in the event secretariat, from 16:30h of May 30, by order of passage at the checkpoint.
- Madeira Sky Race – MSR 2020 is an event that comprise five races in one stage, with the following time limits for completion:
MSR – 14 hours;
MSR Relay – 14 hours;
SVK – 2 hours and 15 minutes;
SSR – 7 hours;
FSR – 4 hours.
- Participants arriving beyond the time limit for the given distance must withdraw from the race and will be automatically disqualified.
- To be allowed to continue in the race, participants must arrive to and leave the checkpoint before its closure time, otherwise they will be prevented from proceeding and, consequently, will be disqualified.
- Any participant excluded from the race and wishing to continue running, can only do so upon handing in the race bib, proceeding at their own responsibility and completely autonomous.
- The organization does not guarantee assistance in addition to the established crossing times and the time limits for completion of the races.
- For reasons beyond the organization control (weather and/or security), the organization reserves the right to change the time limits.
- The withdrawal should only be made at the checkpoints. In case of an accident or injury in which the participant is immobilized and unable to reach a checkpoint, the rescue operation must be activated by contacting the organization.
- The contact number of the organization, for emergency purposes, will be printed on the race bib of the participant and should also be recorded in advance on the participant’s mobile phone.
- The organization provides transportation from the nearest automobile access point of the place where the athlete abandoned the race to the arrival.
- There will be first aid stations in certain checkpoints. It is essential that participants help any person in distress and alert the nearest control post or contact the organization through its given emergency number. Not assisting an athlete in an emergency situation will result in immediate disqualification and inhibition of participating in future events.
- Participants must not forget that, due to problems associated with topography and difficulty of access to certain areas, they may need to wait for the assistance longer than normal situations. Thus, the primarily safety of athletes depends basically on the quality of the gear and equipment they have for race.
- Participants must abide by the decisions of the specialized medical personnel.
- An athlete who has sought medical help is subject to the authority of the medical personnel and agrees with their decisions. The medical teams have the right to:
- Disqualify an athlete (removing his race bib) if they consider the athlete unfit to proceed in the race;
- Hospitalize an athlete whose state of health so requires;
- Evacuate, by all means available, an athlete whose health is considered to be in danger.
- Costs of the rescue or evacuation, in addition to which is in the insurance coverage as informed by the organization, shall be borne by the rescued person.
- The courses integrated in USM 2020 will be properly signaled by signaling tape and other indicative signs.
- In case of bad weather conditions (large amounts of rain or snow at higher elevations, strong winds, and storms) and following the decision of the jury of the race, the organization reserves the right to change the start times, the route, and the time limits.
Before the race:
In cases of situations beyond the control of the organization (code red or orange), natural disasters (earthquakes, storms), or major political events (war, revolution, terrorist attacks) that require the organization to cancel the event, 25% of the registration fee will be refunded.
The payment process involves bank fees that will not be returned in case of reimbursement.
The reimbursement will be made by bank transfer after July 15, 2020. To receive the refund the athlete must provide a bank account number, along with the Swift code, up to 90 days after the date of the race.
- On the race day:
In case of bad weather, and for security reasons, the organization reserves the right to modify the time limits and/or suspend, reduce, neutralize or stop the race. There will be no right to reimbursement.
- During the race:
In the case of potentially dangerous weather conditions for participants, the organization can stop the race. In this case the runner when reaching a checkpoint/refreshment station, should follow the instructions given by the members of the organization and will be required to fulfill them. There will be no right to reimbursement.
On the days of the ‘Check-in’, participants must present the following documents:
- Identity card or passport;
- Responsibility Statement (Form A) (completed and signed by the participant);
- In the case of minors of 18 years, presentation of Parental Consent (Form B).
- In the case of minors of 18 years, presentation all the above documents and a valid medical certificate (taken in less than a year).
The check-in and collection of the kit with the material provided by the organization should preferably be done by the athlete himself. If it is not possible for the athlete to collect their kit, it may be another person, but it will only be given upon presentation of the appropriate authorization (Form C) duly completed and signed, and the presentation of the documents requested therein. This form can be downloaded from the race website.
- Security Posts will be placed at various points along the route of the race. Members of the organization present in these posts will be in constant contact with the control center. A medical team will be present at certain checkpoints/refreshment stations and will be able to intervene with all the appropriate means.
- It is important that each athlete provides assistance to any person who is in danger and requests immediate assistance to the organization. Any problem should be reported to the organization or at the nearest checkpoint.
- If participants are not able to contact the organization of the race, then they should contact the national emergency number 112.
- The organization subscribes a civil liability and personal injury insurance for the duration of the event. This insurance guarantees the coverage of their responsibilities, to those of its employees and participants.
- Insurance conditions will be published no later than 15 days prior to the event.
- In case of accident, the participant must, firstly, be observed by the medical team of the event (present on some control points and finish line), which will contact the organization, and will forward the patient to the most appropriate medical institution for his state of health, along with the insurance claim form with the respective policy number, stamped and signed by the organization (insurance holder). Personal accident insurance can only be activated with the approval of the event medical team. Sometimes, in view of the urgency/severity of some accidents, it becomes impossible to prepare the insurance claim form. In those circumstances, the participation of the sinister can be made after first aid is completed.
- The claim must be done to the insurer for up to eight business days after the date of the accident. After this date, the insurer reserves the right not to accept such participation.
- Any document related to an expense claim whose insurance claim was already participated, will be paid in advance by the respective victim and its originals sent to the insurer for later reimbursement.
- All expenses are paid by the victim and then reimbursed by the insurer in accordance with the insurance coverage, that is, if the insurance participation is duly made and accepted by the insurer.
- The organization will not assume expense claims of which it did not become aware in a timely manner to activate the insurance.
A participant will be disqualified for the following reasons:
- Two false starts;
- Show up at the start after 5 minutes of the time of departure;
- Reach the finish line beyond the time limit set by the organization or exceed the time limits set for the checkpoints;
- Failure to comply with the signalized route;
- Missing any of the official or surprise checkpoints;
- Receive assistance or refreshments out of the allowed zones (except in emergency);
- Use of unauthorized transport (ride);
- Removal of signaling tape and/or signs placards from the paths;
- Loss of the chip/electronic monitoring bracelet;
- To give the race bib or the electronic chip/bracelet to another person to take it during part or the full length of the race course;
- Prevent the overtaking or placing obstacles to another athlete;
- Not showing any fair-play to his/her opponents, controllers, judges or other people in the organization;
- Withdrawal of the race without informing the organization;
- Refuse to respond to the indications of judges, controllers and other agents involved in organizing the event;
- Refuse, remove or change the gear brands placed by the organization;
- Failure to assist an athlete in emergency situation;
- Disrespect the general norms of nature protection;
- Damage any private areas or gardens;
- Go to the podium at the awards ceremony with flags or symbols that are unofficial (country, region or club/institution);
- Do not justify to the competition Jury its absence from the podium, when classified at the Top 3 position of general classification or category.
- Throw trash on the ground;
- Breaking other rules established by the organization;
- Failure to present the equipment described and defined as required in this regulation (Art. 9th).
- The lack of this equipment and the failure of some basic rules incur on the following penalties:
|Not taking, cutting or hiding the race bib given by the organization||Disqualification||Disqualification||Disqualification||Disqualification|
|No Backpack or similar to transport equipment||1 hour||–||1 hour||1 hour|
|No water reservoir (minimum 1 liter for MSR and 0,5 liter for SSR)||30 minutes||–||30 minutes||–|
|No Cup (minimum 12cl)||30 minutes||–||30 minutes||30 minutes|
|No operational mobile phone||2 hours||–||2 hours||2 hours|
|No Waterproof Jacket/Windbreak for SSR and FSR||2 hours||–||2 hours||2 hours|
|No Thermal Blanket||2 hours||–||2 hours||2 hours|
|Not respecting the itinerary or the signs and using shortcuts||Disqualification||Disqualification||Disqualification||Disqualification|
|Leave trash on the race course||2 hours||2 hours||2 hours||2 hours|
|Abandoning the running poles during the race||2 hours||2 hours||2 hours||2 hours|
|No flash light/Headlight||1 hour||–||–||–|
|No Whistle||1 hour||–||1 hour||1 hour|
|No appropriate shoes for race||2 hour||2 hours||2 hour||2 hour|
- The registration in the race and consequent acceptance of this regulation implies that the participant authorizes the filming of images from his/her participation, allowing the organization to use them in dissemination and promotion of the race in any format. In this way, the participant assigns to the organization all the image rights relative to the use of these records. Any project or publicity supports must have the previous consent of the organization.
The participants will be divided in the following age categories:
- KIDS 1 – between 6 and 7 years
- KIDS 2 – between 8 and 9 years
- KIDS 3 – between 10 and 11 years
- KIDS 4 – between 12 and 13 years
- Insiders M/F – between 14 and 15 years
- Juveniles M/F – between 16 and 17 years
- Juniors M/F – between 18 and 20 years
- Senior M/F – between 21 and 39 years
- Vet. M40/F40 – between 40 and 49 years
- Vet. M50/F50 – between 50 and 59 years
- Vet. M60/F60 – between 60 years and 69 years
- Vet. M70/F70 – ≥ 70 years
- In the MSR race the allowed age categories are from juniors, for participants who will be 18 years-old and older on the race day. The juvenile age category is only to the SVK, SSR and FSR races and the Youth exclusive for FSR race.
The categories will be defined based on the data provided by the participants at the time of registration and with reference to their age on the 31st of December 2020, with the exception of KIDS categories whose reference date will be their age on the race day.
- The different races will be won by the participants who finish their respective race in the least time, with the addition of appropriate penalties, if applicable.
- Only participants who make the control at all checkpoints and cross the finish line within the stipulated time will be classified.
- There will be awards for the first three (3) classified in each category, Male and Female;
- Cumulatively there will be monetary prizes to be awarded according to the legal terms, for the firsts classified of the SVK and USM races, for both women and men, according to the values (maximum) in the following table:
|Madeira Sky Race – MSR 2020||Santana Vertical Kilometer – SVK 2020|
|Men General||Women General||Men General||Women General|
|1st Classified||1.500€||1st Classified||1.500€||1st Classified||500€||1st Classified||500€|
|2nd Classified||1.000€||2nd Classified||1.000€||2nd Classified||300€||2nd Classified||300€|
|3rd Classified||750€||3rd Classified||750€||3rd Classified||200€||3rd Classified||200€|
|4th Classified||500€||4th Classified||500€||4th Classified||–||4th Classified||–|
|5th Classified||350€||5th Classified||350€||5th Classified||–||5th Classified||–|
|6th Classified||200€||6th Classified||200€||6th Classified||–||6th Classified||–|
|7th Classified||200€||7th Classified||200€||7th Classified||–||7th Classified||–|
|8th Classified||250€||8th Classified||250€||8th Classified||–||8th Classified||–|
|9th Classified||150€||9th Classified||150€||9th Classified||–||9th Classified||–|
|10th Classified||150€||10th Classified||150€||10th Classified||–||10th Classified||–|
- The presence of the winners is required in the awards ceremony. The organization will not send trophies nor any other elements by postal mail or other means of distribution.
- The prizes are individual and paid by bank transfer, upon signing a discharge document, to be provided by the organization, on behalf of the respective winning athlete according to the table of prizes and paid until day 30 of June 2020.
- According to the VAT code in Portugal, the announced prize amounts are subject to withholding tax of 25%, so the net amount to be transferred from the prize will be the announced amount deducted of 25%. The organization will then deliver this amount to the Portuguese state, with the fiscal identification of the athlete.
- There will be a general female and male classification for each race as well as a classification for each age group.
- The three best teams will be distinguished, masculine and feminine, exclusively for the participants of the USM. The team must have three members classified, being the team result the sum of the race times of the representing athletes.
- Any complaint must be made in writing and referred to the President of the Jury, accompanied by a deposit of € 50,00 (non-refundable if the complaint is rejected) until 30 minutes after the arrival of the participant in question.
- The claim must contain the name of the complainant, identity card or passport number, name(s) of participant(s) affected, number of race bibs and alleged motives. Provisional classifications can also be the reason of complaint, 15 minutes after its publication.
- The Jury of the competition, which will consider the complaint, is composed by the President of the Jury, the Director of the race and the Judges. The Jury shall decide as soon as possible.
Any appeal against the Jury’s decision should consider article 10 of the “Regulamento de Competições de Skyrunning da FCMP”.
- We strongly advise all athletes to not use any substances, pharmacological groups and methods to artificially increase your physical capacities. At the end of the races, any athlete can be chosen, by raffle, to participate in an anti-doping control for which we recommend reading the Regulamento Federativo Antidopagem (Federative Anti-doping Regulation) of the FCMP.
This regulation may be updated until the final day of registration, the May 6, 2019, according to the needs of the organization. The cases omitted in this regulation will be solved by the organization or by the Competition Jury, whose decisions have no appeal.
The data of the participants listed on the registration form shall be registered by the organization for the purposes of the event in particular processing of insurance, registration lists, news and standings. All participants may exercise their right of access, rectification or cancellation of their personal data by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Jury shall decide on all matters related to the event which have not been subject to regulation or regarding misinterpretations of this regulation.
Updated version on the 16/11/2019